Grilled Shrimp Tacos Recipe
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup diced purple onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 8 corn tortillas
- 4 lime wedges for serving
- 8 bamboo/metal skewers
- In a large bowl, toss the shrimp with the olive oil, chili powder, onion powder, ground cumin, garlic powder, salt, and pepper seasonings.
- Take 2 skewers and poke the pointed ends through the top and bottom of the shrimp and push down to the bottom. Add more shrimp to skewers as desired.
- Repeat Step 2 until all the shrimp are used.
- Before placing on the grill, brush each shrimp skewer with olive oil, to prevent sticking.
- Grill over high heat (while flipping on each side at intervals), for 4-6 minutes.
- Remove the grilled shrimp from skewers for taco assembly.
- Warm the corn tortillas on the grill or in an oven for 1-2 minutes.
- Assemble tacos by placing the grilled shrimp, diced purple onions and chopped cilantro onto each tortilla (double layered). Top with lime juice.
These shrimp tacos are best served with lime wedges, grilled jalapeños, and a side of guacamole and/or spicy tomato sauce.
**Makes two (2) servings
Images taken at Santo Taco located at the Northern Shops in Belize City.