Do you want to make a difference protecting and restoring the abundance of the oceans? Come join a dedicated team of professionals who are working to protect marine wildlife while also enhancing the capacity of the oceans to feed a growing world population. Ocean conservation is not only critical to reducing the impacts of climate change but also to save the livelihoods of fishers, their families, and their communities.
Founded in 2001, Oceana is the world’s largest nonprofit organization focused solely on restoring the resilience and abundance of the ocean.
We achieve measurable change by conducting specific, science-based campaigns with fixed deadlines and articulated goals. Our campaigns focus on getting policy change in countries that, govern nearly one-third of the world’s wild-caught fish, including Belize, Brazil, Chile, Mexico, Peru, the Philippines, the United States, Canada and the 27 countries in the European Union. As a Communications Specialist for Oceana in Belize, you will work with a dedicated team to achieve the following objectives:
- Advance Oceana’s objectives through engagement and constructive dialogue with stakeholders, the general public and Government.
- Support and implement public education campaigns to maintain and build the public’s and key stakeholders’ understanding of the issues and support a vocal participation in the decision-making process.
- Build and maintain the Oceana’s support base to strengthen its national credibility.
- Contribute, as directed, to the development of Oceana’s marketing and communications activities, marketing planning research and implementation.
- Administer marketing and communications programs and social media campaigns for a range of stakeholders and campaigns, assisting in the evaluation of performance and impact.
- Undertake any other duties necessary to this post as delegated by your direct report